Introduction

Mostly about my favorite TV Series-- BBC Sherlock, also introductions of movies, novels, comics, songs/music and musicals!
It's my big pleasure if you leave comments, so please feel free to reply anything you like!

Thursday 2 October 2014

[Sherlock] You HAVE TO Watch It! -- Why I've chosen Sherlock

    

    Sherlock Holmes is a legend of all detective stories, while the name got famous throughout England a century ago, it has been known by almost everyone all over the world after 128 years. Indeed, those who ever read the book would be impressed by the thrill from the plot, the impossible crimes, those breathtaking moments when the case was solved magically, and  the stern friendship between Holmes and Dr. Watson.
    And yet, after such a long period, the blood thirsty convicts and their evil plans in the books started to get pretty normal, since things even more terrible happened everyday, and those tremendous investigating skills seemed not surprising at all. Fortunately, there is good news for Holmes' fans and all people! The TV series Sherlock let the great detective reborn in the 21st century, and having brand new adventures with his doctor-- John Watson.
In this series, you'll see--

How Sherlock Holmes uses modern technology
You can often see microscope in this series 

I think Sherlock is a little bit addicted to mobile phone......

The special friendship between Sherlock and John

And more CRAZY adventures!!!

John was wrapped by an awful lot of bombs under his coat
Nope, I'm not gonna tell you what happened.
Watch it yourself!

   I know it's hard to believe, but the series has got an audience of more than 10 millions,  lots of  awards and nominations such as the Grammy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award and so on. Thousands and thousands of people started to purchase the original novel to figure out what the bloody hell the TV Show was from to make it so fabulous. It seemed, the Sherlock Holmes phenomenon from a century ago has lived again, that the legendary detective can always have the enchanted power to attract people no matter how long the time has passed.

So, why wait? THE GAME HAS ALREADY BEGUN!!!














4 comments:

  1. I love Sherlock Holmes and his ability of analysis. In this summer vacation, I decide to read some English novels to improve my reading skill, so I choose Harry Potter and Sherlock: The Sign of Four. I didn’t finish the second one, though XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try A Study in Scarlet! I think the plot of The Sign of Four was confusing......( that was what I think when I read the Chinese version while I was in elementary school :P)
      I love Harry Potter as Well!!!! If you've finished it then I recommend Percy Jackson, cauz its writing style was a lot similar to Harry Potter but with a totally different story!

      Delete
  2. The first step to become Sherlock Holmes is to do cocaine XD.
    I read a series of Sherlock Holmes novels during elementary school, so I still have some obscure memory about him.The actor in the picture seems a little too young to star Sherlock for me. Personally, I don't think that he would look so energetic and should be more skinny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you can also try smoking all day long or shooting the wall XDDD
      I think the director chose him to portray the title role because he's really an outstanding actor, the way he interpreted Holmes was unique to anyone who played the role before, yet you can feel that he IS Sherlock Holmes, that's why lots of audience was deeply impressed!
      Besides, the editors changed the characteristic and the age of most of the roles, for instance, Moriaty in the original version was in his 60s, but the actor in this series was only 33~35.

      Delete