Introduction

Mostly about my favorite TV Series-- BBC Sherlock, also introductions of movies, novels, comics, songs/music and musicals!
It's my big pleasure if you leave comments, so please feel free to reply anything you like!

Tuesday 25 November 2014

[Sherlock] Season 2 Episode 1 A Scandal in Belgravia (Part Two)-- "Goodbye, Mr. Holmes."

"This is how I want you to remember me...the woman who beat you."
She just said this to Sherlock, and now she's dead?!!!



Sherlock, Mycroft and Molly went to the mortuary to check the corpse, confirming Irene Adler was dead as dust.





After coming back from the hospital, Sherlock seemed to be in a trance, he replied nothing to John's comforts and kept playing sad music. Once again, John couldn't bear the incomprehensible Sherlock, so he left the flat to get some fresh air. However, once he stepped down the staircase, a mysterious woman called him and asked him to have a ride.



Okay, so she wasn't dead after all...
(One rule of this show, do not believe in anyone's death, cauz it's probably 99.99999%... a fake.




Well, John was really angry!!! He lost his temper almost because of Sherlock every time! XDD



Actually I can't get it why she was so determined to ask Sherlock for dinner... The sentence "let's have dinner." appeared about a hundred times in this episode...



For some reason, Sherlock was in a haze after knowing that Irene was alive.







Sherlock found some unusual signs when he got home, true, 221B was intruded by the bloody FBI guy who was after Ms. Adler. He had kept Mrs. Hudson as hostage to force Sherlock to give out the camera phone.  I have to say that this guy was a bit too persevering... Fortunately, that dude was a moron who was extremely easy for Sherlock to defeat.


The hilarious note Sherlock left on the door:
"Crime in progress, please disturb."





John went home and instantly shocked to see the intruder tied on the chair. From the following conversation between Sherlock and Lestrade, it seemed Sherlock just PUSHED the FBI guy out of the window?!!! OAO





Sherlock tried every method to break the code of the phone, including X-ray scanning or considering it as a riddle, but failed every time. It showed that Irene indeed had enough intelligence to compete against Sherlock.

 Next, the second "battle" between Sherlock and Irene!!!








Hahahaha John was definitely JEALOUS (and outrageous)!!! XDDD


Wow, Jim looked hot with that sunglasses! XP







UH!!! Enough of dinners!!!! That's very disturbing!!!!
On the other hand, was Sherlock out of his mind, or...?

The grand final-- in the end, who was the one being deceived???



The flight of the dead, that's what those three cases I mentioned before indicated. Though, this was smart but extremely GROSS!!! (Arghhhh I'm gonna puke!!!!)




Though she denied it 'til the end, I can say that she must have paid lots of sentiment...that code!!! "I am SHERLOCKED", both clever and foolish at the same time. 


That tear...QAQ

This part was so intensive and emotional, I felt thrilled from my head to toe every time I watch it. Despite that I didn't like Irene at first, I felt so sorry for her. She was a dominatrix, she was strong, clever and even treacherous, still, she gave her mind to a man who seemed to have no feelings and became so desperate... I think why Sherlock "won" wasn't because that he was smarter, but it was love that fooled Irene's eyes, making her believe that Sherlock wouldn't really break her secret (which also symbolized her heart).

The ending was out of my expectation, how did Irene Adler end up...?









Sherlock asked for Irene's phone as sort of a keepsake. (In the original story, Holmes had her photographs.) It seemed, though we're not certain about whether Sherlock liked her or not, he obviously respected this woman a lot.





XDD It was funny to see Sherlock wearing that head cloth LOL.
When she sent that "Goodbye, Mr. Holmes.", my heart almost broke and I thought she was gonna die!!! Thank God that Sherlock save her life, it was such a comfort to see Irene alive and Sherlock doing good deed. That was a little sad but beautiful ending!!!!!



In the original story, "the woman" Irene Adler was the only female who Holmes truly admired, which would make her be remembered forever, I think.
See you next time~~~


THE END

For your information-- the original story "A Scandal in Bohemia", which this episode was adapted from:

4 comments:

  1. Well, I can't believe that the dominatrix has a pure affection toward Sherlock....
    Although I support Sherlock and John.... uh, Sherlock and John are the best partner for resolving the mysterious crime, the woman's love for Sherlock moved me, too. It is so sad that people you extremely love doesn't love you.

    I love this ending. Sherlock is gentle and willing to save the woman who have beaten him surprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought Irene was just "playing" Sherlock at first, it was really sad and surprising to see her being deeply hurt...
      I love the ending as well!!!! It showed that Sherlock wasn't indifferent many times~~

      Delete
  2. I think Sherlock is not so cool-blooded as many people know about him. Just like in the end of third season, Sherlock did his best for John, and he even killed a bad guy for John and John's wife. Behind his cool exterior is not a cold heart but a heart of caring some people important to him, and that's why he fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, that's just what I think of Sherlock!!
      I think you've done a very good analysis!! ><
      Actually it was Mycroft who irritated me, because he offered a fatal mission to his own little brother..

      Delete